Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Answer to the Most Recent Criticwire Survey: Anticipated Fall Entertainments


This week’s Criticwire Survey Question asks about the most anticipated movies and/or TV shows of the fall season. For me, this is easy. When I did my 25 most anticipated movies of the year – the Coen brothers Inside Llewyn Davis took the top slot, and if anything I’m looking forward to it even more now than I was then given the reviews out of Cannes and Telluride for the film. Other films that ranked high than, and continue to now include Steve McQueen’s 12 Years a Slave (the preview didn’t do much for me, but the reviews out of Telluride do), Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street (I never get tired of that preview), Alfosno Cuaron’s Gravity (which I’ll see next week at TIFF), John Wells’ August: Osage County (ditto), Spike Lee’s Oldboy remake, Spike Jonze’s Her, Ridley Scott’s The Counsellor, Bennett Miller’s Foxcatcher and Alexander Payne’s Nebraska. You can add films like J.C. Candor’s All is Lost and Dennis Villenueve’s Prisoners. There's much more, but that pretty much covers the big ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment